The District Learning Support Team (DLS Team) is committed to moving GVSD to a more inclusive education model where students with diverse abilities are welcomed into all aspects of schooling.
The DLS Team is made up of range of educational professionals including:
- Learning Support Teeachers
- Counsellors (district, school based youth and family)
- Itinerant Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Occupational/Physical Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Itinerant Teacher for the Visually Impaired
We work in partnership with school-based staff across all schools to support the programming and planning for students with diverse needs. We provide both consultative and direct services for students and staff.
The DLS Team are members of a larger District Team which includes Indigenous Education, IT for Learning, Learning Team, Modern Languages and Partnerships and Pathways. The common goal of these teams is to collaborate to serve and support all learners in School District 61.
District supports are accessed through school based teams or school administrators.